• When an account is discovered to have a negative balance in either student or campus activity, the bookkeeper/secretary notifies the teacher/sponsor in charge of that activity and the principal that the account is overdrawn.  It is the responsibility of the Principal to make the determination on how to correct the negative balance.

    Resolution options are:

    • Transfer funds from campus activity (461) to student activity using SAF-115. The Principal account is normally used for this purpose (C47).
    • Hold an approved fundraiser (the sponsor will follow all District policies and procedures on fundraisers) to cover the deficit.
    • The PTA or another outside organization may make a donation to help cover the deficit.
    • Note that transfers are not allowed between club accounts in student activity (865) to cover deficits.