The bookkeeper/secretary should assist the sponsor in all matters related to campus and student activity funds. The bookkeeper/secretary should keep the principal informed of all issues relating to activity fund management. The bookkeeper/secretary has a duty to report any critical information regarding the loss of funds due to fraud or theft or a sponsor conducting a fundraiser without the approval of the Principal, etc.
The bookkeeper/secretary is also responsible for the following:
- Maintaining accounting records.
- Entering RPO’s and check requests for payment from activity funds.
- Receiving money and issuing a receipt.
- Preparing deposit to be picked up by BISD Police.
- Follow up on issues related to activity funds.
- Issuing cash receipt books as needed to teachers and other persons authorized by the Principal. All receipt books issued must be kept on a distribution log (SAF-124)