The following are allowable and prohibited expenditures for activity funds. The list is not all-inclusive but can be used as a guide.
- The cost of field trips, including items such as admission fees, snacks and other costs.
- Expenses for snacks, favors and other incidentals used in seasonal or holiday parties and programs for students.
- Cost of school assemblies and special programs, class picnics, student dances, etc.
- Expenses for the sponsor and chaperones for an approved event
- Expenses associated with the senior prom, senior day, graduation, etc.
- School supplies and other school-related items for students.
- Items designated to beautify the school, the classrooms and playgrounds or other school property.
- Items for classroom use or for school operations.
- Campus after school programs.
- Awards, Plaques and Recognition certificates
- Extravagant awards such as watches or other jewelry.
- Payment of an individual’s personal bills.
- Donations to individuals, organizations or scholarship funds.
- Loans to employees, parents or students for any reason.
- Alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, controlled substances.
- Replacement of an individual’s property that was lost, stolen or damaged on the school or district premises or while being used at a school or district function.
- Transfer of funds to the faculty account.
- Gift Cards/Gift Certificates (see below)
- Any gift for any person for any occasion.
- Withholding cash from fundraisers, etc. in order to purchase items needed –NO CASH PAMENTS! NO EXCEPTIONS!
Cash Awards/Gift Cards/Other Incentives
- Cash awards or gift cards are prohibited.
- No cash, clothing (shirts, shoes, hats, socks, etc.), loans, payment of personal living expenses (utility bills, groceries, medical bills, etc.) can be made for District employees.