Middle School Dress Code
- Polo style shirts
- 6th grade – White; King- School Issued Black Polo with Logo
- 7th grade – Grey; King- School Issued Black Polo with Logo
- 8th grade – Primary school color (King- School Issued Black Polo with Logo; Marshall – Red; Odom – Royal Blue; Smith – Maroon; Vincent – Navy Blue)
- School Spirit (school clubs, PTA, athletics) shirts may be worn on as designated by campus administration.
- Sweatshirts must be white, grey, or primary school color.
- Hoodies are NOT permitted
- Jackets in the buildings must be unzipped; can be any color
- Khaki, navy blue or black slacks, shorts, skirts, or skorts are acceptable. There should be no designer names visible. Cargo pants are not acceptable. Uniform dresses are acceptable.
- Shorts and skirts, or skorts must be to the top of the knee.
- No flip flops, house slippers, or slip-ons
- All shoes MUST have backs
Examples of unacceptable clothing according to these guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- Biker shorts
- Cut, frayed, or torn garments
- Gym / Wind shorts
- High slashed skirts
- Jeans (any color)
- Jogging pants/ shorts
- Midriff tops
- Oversized shirts or pants
- Spaghetti-strap shirts
- Spandex shorts or tights
Inappropriate messages, logos, and designs on any attire are prohibited. Specifically, the District prohibits pictures, emblems, or writing on clothing that:
- are lewd, vulgar, offensive, or obscene.
- advertise or depicts tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs, or another substance prohibited under Policy FNCF(Legal)
No type of cap, hat, bandannas, or sweat band is allowed in the building. Expectations would be a hat or cap that is part of a uniform at a school activity or a head covering worn for religious purposes. Official documentation may be requested to document this circumstance.
If the principal determines that a student’s grooming or clothing violates the school’s dress code, the student will be given an opportunity to correct the problem at school. If not corrected, the student may be assigned in-school suspension (ISS) for the remainder of the day, until the problem is corrected, or until a parent or designee brings an acceptable change of clothing to the school. Repeated offenses may result in more serious disciplinary action in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct.
- Polo style shirts